Castello di Poppi

Castello dei Guidi, Via Mino da Poppi, 52014 Poppi AR, Italy

Description

Il Castello di Poppi, detto anche dei Conti Guidi, fu costruito nel Medioevo, intorno al 1191, per volontà del conte Simone Guidi e di suo figlio Guido. Il castello fu teatro della Battaglia di Campaldino. La parte più antica è attribuita a Lapo di Cambio, mentre la più recente, risalente alla fine del XIII secolo, ad Arnolfo di Cambio. Il Castello, sede dell'amministrazione comunale, ha al suo interno celebri affreschi.

Technical specifications

  • Water

    Yes
  • Electricity

    Yes
  • Access

    Tarmac road, Accessible on foot
Contacts

Toscana Film Commission

Via San Gallo 25 — 50129 Firenze
Phone: +39 055 2719035
Fax: +39 055 2719027

Italy for Movies is the national portal for locations and film and audiovisual production incentives. A project launched in 2017 by the Directorate Generals for Film and Tourism of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, and run by Istituto Luce Cinecittà in partnership with the Italian Film Commissions Association (With the Decree-Law of 1/03/2021, MiBACT was split into two ministries: the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Tourism)
CREDITS
info@italyformovies.it